Friday, November 04, 2005

Still Programming Lab 6

Im at SOC computer lab now ... my program still won't run??
WHYYY!!! WHYYYY !!!!
it's about 3pm now ... if there's a moon outside i really feel like howling to it, that reveals my mood.

My friends all slowly getting it liao ... but Im still stuck!!! and NO ONE can tell what's wrong with my program... the output is correct, the algorithm is perfect, there is just no place for any mistakes! AcK, this is as comforting as a nuclear meltdown. Programming Lab is supposed to be my forte !! Yet it returned a compilation error at the Course Marker, while my error analysis shows up nothing !!! Ive consulted all the Programming Shen i know, all dun understand also ! This blasted piece of technology they employed to help in their marking is really dumb. I've been on this lab for hours ... and im already one foot into Nirvana, levitating on my roller chair. My finger tips have become molded to fit the shape of the keyboard and mouse ... and i think if i try hard enuff my eyes can emit photon lasers from all that computer monintor light and radiation ... i dunno what else to do. Im lost, totally lost .... like that show on airplane crash and boys being chased by polar bears. My mind is a blank, too tired to carry on ... maybe i should start taking up Yoga lessons. Anyways, here's a part of the darn program. enjoy

void search(map Table, vector searchlist){ string subject; int name_found; // works like a bool function for name found or not vector :: iterator v; map :: iterator m; for (v=searchlist.begin(); v!=searchlist.end(); v++) // iterate thru the search vector { subject = trim( *v ); // The subject shall be the name referenced upon by the iterator name_found = 0; // in the search vector for (m=Table.begin(); m!=Table.end(); m++) // For every new subject found, iterate thru the map to look for his data { if ( strcmp( trim(m->second.name).c_str(), trim(subject).c_str() ) ==0 ) // If the subject's name and the map referenced name { // is the same, author is found. cout <<>first << name_found =" 1;" name_found ="=">

sk