Sunday, September 25, 2005

MidTerm Blues

Mug mug mug ... what a week.
Literally the entire week spent behind my study desk at home flipping thru notes and books, and its supposed to be my term break. My lecturers really know how to put down a student's holiday mood, ack.

Good thing though, that it gave me some sort of motivation to finally catch up on 2 of my tougher modules. However, being the nerd that I am, i actually forced myself to skip a few fun events during the week i was initially looking forward to, all for a few extra hours of revision. There was Huiching's birthday Bash at Timbre with EIC, booze and women, as well as Sin Chang's FOCC dinner treat on Friday in campus. I hope they don't hate me for this, hahaha. And if YOU happen to be amongst those who kept trying to get me out that Wednesday evening,

please try to stare at the picture below for around 10 seconds before proceeding to the message that follows:








Im sorry!!! Sincerely really very sorry!!! 对不起!!! 非常非常对不起!! Aku Sunguhh minta maaf!! =(
sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry

*please scroll down*











If you buy that, please put a tag on my blog to say that u forgive me, and you'll continue to share your booze with the alcohol-starved Janus. Wahaha!!


Sometimes, in this sense, I guess i wasn't exactly practicing what i preached (read previous blog entry) in life, but what can i do for now? Haha, im groomed and brought up in an environment that sooo encourages nerdhood. Guess this is one of my major spiritual handicaps bah...

*****************

Once in a while the writer of this blog gets sick of mugging, and starts taking pictures of his
surroundings just for fun.




Presenting ...... My study Desk!!!





and next we have ...

The Giant Tree outside my window !!!

I always think its the tallest structure around my neighbourhood.





I rummaged through my study drawer hoping for some source of entertainment ... and I came across something interesting. Check it out, it's my "Note to Future Self".


Haha, this might sound silly to some people, but i have a knack to scribble some messages on a note pad, then stash it away somewhere where the future me can find it again. It doesn't always have to be reminders to do this and that, but most of what i wrote are just simply records of what i had been doing then, maybe some greeting messages as well to lighten up my current mood. Haha, this one reads ...

"Keep your tutorials neat! and staple them together with the solutions for easy reference... avoid tea/coffee at night to prevent sleeplessness, and drink some warm milk or milo to induce sleepiness for insomia nights....... Im studying EE (Electrical Engineering module) now, Good day? =) "

I wrote this when i was mugging for my exams last semester, almost 5months ago ... and you can probably guess that I was having trouble falling asleep at night. Haha, its kinda cute, something like an email to your future self. I'd write myself a nice future note, put it away somewhere, forgot about it for a few months and chance upon it a long time later. Some of you guys may find it wierd, but its quite delighting for me to be able to read up about what I myself am thinking and doing back then, in a totally different situation from what I am going thru right now.

What do you think?

Go Figure!

sk