Friday, September 16, 2005

A New Dawn

Life indeed is full of surprises.

A year ago I stepped into the realm of PRU with a bunch of friends, under the influence of some of my Union Camp seniors. I didn't know what PRU was, neither did I know how it functions. I just went along with the flow. I even had the mindset to leave the club halfway, since I was prepared to commit to the NUS Taekwondo Club...

One fine night, everyone was summoned to attend the Annual General Meeting. I went, and sat through the session with a blank mind. Little did I expect that I'll walk away that night becoming the Creative Manager of PRU, with around 20 members under my charge. I struggled to sleep that very night ... I cant. Im nervous about the challenges ahead, and Im not sure if I know what i just accepted.

A year later, I was again summoned to the Annual General Meeting. I had told everyone that Im not running for any new post, but little did I know that I'll eventually leave the Lecture Theatre becoming the Vice Chairperson of PRU. For that decision, I have my supportive friends to thank ... whom constantly nominated me and urged me to reconsider. Honoured by everyone's sincereity, I revoked my initial decision.

****************************************

and ...

this shall be a good year for the NUSSU Public Relations Unit. We had created mircales within our beloved campus, and no doubt we shall do it again. Once more, from our revolutionary projects we shall weave the webs of unity to link the entire campus. All Halls, all faculties, all clubs and all students shall revel together in joy and work under the same common flag as one single entity. New lessons will be learned, and new alliance forged while the old ones renewed. Not only will we see progress, but all shall witness evolution. Cheers to all, and I raise a glass of virtual champange in everyone's honour with the backdrop of this glorious New Dawn.

Good things.

Good times.

sk