Sunday, July 03, 2005

Dinner+Movie ... Good ol Gang.

Met up with the good ol gang at Suntec today. We're suppose to be celebrating Weehou's birthday, which was 3 days ago. No cakes, no candles, no presents wrapped in toilet paper, just a clean, simple dinner and movie outing. Wasn't too bad for a change, one should really do away with all the cake and surprise gimmicks once in a while.

Couldn't drive to Suntec, the NDP preview thingie had the roads near Padang all sealed up. Even the cab i took only agreed to take me as far as the MRT station near my home. We had a good dinner at Siam Kitchen, a restaurant at the basement of the Suntec fountain. Had a cool buffet spread of 20 courses ... Thai style, mostly spicy. Weehou didn't like it, and the curry stinks. Otherwise, its quite good, to me at least.

We caught our movie a Marina Square. Zengkun bought the tickets before we met, and God knows why he didn't think of buying the tix in the same building we're planning to dine. We watched Batman Begins, and I must say it is seriously one heck of a movie. Im not much of a movie critic, but seldom do i comment that a show is good. In fact, the number of movies which truely impressed me can be counted with one hand ... or two perhaps. Star Wars Episode 3 didn't impress me, the Spiderman series is cool, but I wouldn't say they are too cool...

Anyways, the show rocks, a comic book tale blending into reality. 2 thumbs up for the ride. Anyway, it may be just me .... whatever, the hell i care.

Zengkun, Weilun, Mel and Leck Koon shared a cab home after that. Weehou apparently lost his way around the carpark to find his bike. Only thing he recalled was that he parked near Fish and Co. Its past 12am, and most doors have been locked, and some lifts have been deactivated. The gates to the building interior were shut, and the whole damn place looked like a friggin maze. We navigated through the suntec city carpark from one end to the other. I spent a record breaking half hour walking aimlessly in the stuffy carpark of Suntec City. The animal and colour codes drawn up all over the Suntec carpark are there for a reason, and my advise for all drivers or riders reading this entry, will be to pay attention to them.

12.40am ... we found his bike. Kelvin and myself made our way out of the carpark to the land of the living. Got a cab with a nice Taxi Driver, reached home safely.

I had to be in school by 11am tomorrow. I predict I'll be late...

I hope Im wrong...

sk