Monday, June 13, 2005

Local Supper Spots

Now that I've got wheels, the Wassup gang has been hanging out for supper rather often. Being the nice guy that I am, I always send my friends home, since nightime public transports aint really cheap. A simple trip in a cab can cost over 10 bucks, and that certainly makes our precious gatherings much less meaningful. The soaring petrol price doesn't bother me, neither do the possible risks of getting summons for illegal parkings. Surely our friendship is worth much more than all that put together? Yes, it definately is, and what's important to me is that my friends reach home safely and economically...

...

that's to stir up your guilty consciences. Haha!
Monetary contributions or donations to my car maintaince funds aren't compulsory, but encouraged. To make a donation, simply dial 1900 112 2580 for $5, 1900 112 2581 for $10 or 1900 112 2582 for $50. Alternatively, you can email me to make an appointment to wash my car.

haha, k that's a joke. It really is.
But if you are still insistant on giving me a donation, Ive always wanted that Nokia 3G phone 6680. If they offer choices for colour, i want a white one!

*ahem*

on the serious issues.
Over my army years till now, Ive been researching for good supper spots with my friends around the island. This is what i concluded, suggestions are most welcome.

Laksa
Katong!! Who hasn't heard of Katong Laksa?

Prata
Jalan Kayu supposedly, but I dun find their prata exceptionally nice. Maybe its just the 24 hour thingie that makes it famous.

Frog Porridge
Geylang! Get the 宫保田鸡!

Hor Fun
Geylang! Beef Hor Fun, Lorong 9 is it? The stall under the signboard 牛河大王.

Prawn Mee
A small eating house next to Jackson kopitiam along Macperson. It sells nothing but prawn mee and it ROCKS.

Nasi Lemak
Punggol, or however u spell it. Its along upper serangoon road, supposedly taste better than the rest. Well ... ok la.

Qing Teng and Kang Kong Cuttlefish
a small food centre at Bedok near the Guards Camp. Heard gonna be demolished though.

BBQ seafood
Nothing beats Chomp Chomp at serangoon gardens!

Char Kway Teow
Kopitiam right outside Parkway Parade. Its watery and fat juicy Char Kway Teow is definately the best!

Chicken Rice
Last time my uncle use to buy this fantabulous chicken rice from Thompson Road. i wonder if its still there.

Actually most of these are already general knowledge for supper veterans.
Please contribute ideas!
Contributers of the best ideas can win the privilege of washing my car.
Cheerio.

sk