Thursday, May 19, 2005

My Day's Journal

I've done a good deed today, and I am proud of myself.

I've managed to persuade a friend to quit from a certain evil MLM organisation which calls themselves the "DW" or "Dolphin Warriors", and aims to make money by selling "mircale-inducing" biomagnetic mattresses to the blissfully innocent and ignorant public. Considering that each of their products is priced between $2000 to $5000, and that salaries come purely from commissions, I would say that my friend has truely been enlightened and led away from the dark side. In my opinion, "Dolphin Warriors" is kinda a cheesey name for a company, especially for one which deals in nothing but miracle mattresses, though it might be understandable if they are the founder of the flavoured drink Pink Dolphin. The working environment is wierd ... though the company is big with a number of offices and departments spread acorss the Apex Towers, I cant help but ponder about the efficiency of a company which sees virtually no existence of computers. Perhaps there do exist a number of computers somewhere in the building which i did not visit, but it indeed is strange that one of these places is not the director's office, who supposedly is one of the most powerful man behind the show.

Well anyway, I've decided that I am a good samaritan. hah
*pats myself on the back*

Met Siyong, Grace and Pei Lin for dinner at Kenny Rogers down at Suntec. Had intended to go pubbing after dinner, but ended up waltzing the night away by the Singapore River. It has been so darn long since i took a casual walk down the bay, and I have forgotten how beautiful the place can get at night. It certainly brings back memories of the days when I'm still attached, haha ... for good times, and for bad times too. We waltzed all the way from Esplanade to Boat Quay and to Clarke Quay. Walked past Hooters for some visual relief, and our trail ended at the "Reverse Bungee" thingie, which Grace has gleefully called it. Its the catapult machine along the Singapore River, and we actually spent some time stoning there to admire the expressions of people who are going to be catapulted. Grace seemed darn enthu about getting on the ride, but she didn't coz it doesn't come cheap. She just kept yalping about how she wished to be launched into the air.

I think she's crazy.
And probably so does Siyong.

wahahahha
*snort*

It was a helluva night, really.
Ended off waiting for bus 174 with the girls at a bus stop which bus 174 doesn't stop by.

sk