Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Recollections

Hmm... some recollections of the events that i've came across during my mugging term.

This examination period marked the worst hits of insomia I've ever had. I dunt know if ya guys out there have been stuck by cases of insomia at night like me, especially when you've spent the day mugging heavily. The mind's pretty alive and full when you get to bed. Even while you are technically resting, you begin subconsciously recapping all the formulas and facts through your mind. Sometimes this is involuntary, and it simply drives you wide awake. Usually, id end up tumbling around my bed for hours. That is bad, especially if you are having a paper the very next day. And even if you dun, it simply drains you of energy for next day's tasks. I usually fall asleep eventually, but I ended up waking up earlier to compensate for all the lost time. By the time i begin my day, it's already 2pm, and that sucked, especially when you have tons of work waiting for you to tend to.

On the night before my first paper, (CS1101C Programming Methodololgy), i set a new record for the longest elapsed time between me going to bed and me falling asleep. A full 7 hours, and maybe longer. I went to bed around 1am, and i stayed awake till 8am in the morning. Even then, i only managed to fall asleep after my mum made me some hot milo. Its indeed a good thing that my Programming paper is late in the afternoon at 3pm+, else i wouldn't have been able to bear it. Other cases followed, but perhaps not as bad... usually i fell alseep before 7am.

Now that my exams have ended, i can merrily think back on the days past and laugh it through. Haha ... I usually go to bed around 3am on non-exam nights. Sometimes i fell asleep right away, while other times i began tumbling about the bed for hours trying to shut my mind. I've tried everything, watching TV, counting sheeps, moving somewhere else to sleep, and even doing push ups and sit ups. Anyway, they seemed to make me even more awake. Id look at the clock frequently to see how much time i had left to rest myself. The lesser it is, the more anxious i'd get, and the more awake id become. Come 5.30am, the birds outside began their morning chirping session, my neighbour's dog began barking away, and the sky started to brighten up. That made me even more anxious, and id be even more wide awake. Its a cumalative effect, haha. I felt sorry for my alarm clock, which i've frequently tossed about in frustration when i realised its only a few moments away from morning.

Anyway, i realised a warm glass of milk and some snacks really does help to introduce drowsiness into your mind.

Also, its interesting how the examination period reminded me of all the little pleasures in life. The mugging session is no doubt tough to everyone, and most of us probably dreaded it. But coz of it, I seem to view everything else away from the books and notes as a form of enjoyment. Normally, I dun watch much TV ... as i usually devote most of my free time to the internet. While i am studying, however, i gave myself short breaks to rest my mind, most of which i'd use to tune into the TV programs... as late as 2am at nite. I actually find it very entertaining, no matter wad program is on .... haha. I am also addicted to the 7pm show on Channel 8, think its called "Square Pegs" in English. There's a character in there whom bears the same name as my friend, silly old PeiJun. Wednesdays to Fridays, Central is showing animes from 11pm for a full hour, and damn are they good.

May sound silly to you eh? Even taking a shit in the toilet is pleasurable. The relief after discharging my load.... =)

K, its 4.50am now.... and im feeling tired. Time to turn in
Nitez.

sk