Thursday, March 17, 2005

Jokes for Engineers and Scientists

In my 21 years of living I've come across all types of stupid jokes.
Lame ones, corny ones, rascist ones, stupid Ang Mor jokes etc etc.
You get the basic idea.

I thought I've seen it all, but recently I've come to realise a totally new genre of jokes.
These are jokes that probably only students from the Engineering or Science faculty can comprehend.
*bah, their quite basic anyway...*

If you don't get these jokes within 10 seconds of reading em, then there's a greater probability that you're from some other faculties. Check with your engineering or science mates if you wanna understand the logic behind it. I cant be bothered to put up scientific theories in my blog.

But if you're actually an Engineering or Science student and you dun get the joke within 5 seconds of reading them, then you've probably not been studying hard enough.

Here goes...

1) 2 Atoms bump into each other.
and the dialouge goes...

Atom 1> Hey sorry I knocked into you. You alright?

Atom 2> Dun think so ... think you just knocked off some of my electrons.

Atom 1> Huh? Are you sure?

Atom 2> Im Positive!

- contributed by V-man.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) A neutron visits a pub. He goes up to the bartender to order a drink.
and the dialouge goes...

Bartender> Heyz, wad can i get ya?

Neutron> Gimme a tiger.

*the bartender hands the neutron his beer order*

Neutron> Thanks, how much do i owe you?

Bartender> For you, No Charge!

- contributed by V-man.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) What do you get if you cross an elephant with a peanut?

Answer: Elephant Peanut sin (theta)
*its a cross or vector product*

- contributed by My EE lecturer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) How do you get a polar bear?

Answer: Convert a cartesian bear to polar coordinates.

- contributed by My Maths tutor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4) Engineers contributed a lot the the construction of the modern society, and by this mindset all Engineers go to heaven when they die, for all the good deeds they have done. One day, however, God made a mistake in accounting for all the reporting souls, and sent an Engineer to Hell instead. Several days later, God realised his mistake, and he made a phone call to the Hell administration office.

God> Eh Satan ah, sorry man, i accidently sent one of my Engineers to Hell.

Satan> Yah i realised. He's good man, he has already constructed an escalator to the surface, and he's now working on a project to install an Air-Conditioning system down here.

God> Oh cool, can you send him back up here?

Satan> Nah... I think I'll keep him. He's too useful.

God> Hey, Im gonna sue you if you dun send me back my engineer.

Satan> Oh yeah? And where are ya gonna find all the lawyers?

- contributed by My Physics Lecturer
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*waves*
Hi Shaun! So sue me!
cheerios.

sk