Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Post-Exam Syndrome

The exam waves came and gone....

It's been long, way too long.
I've been mugging away for almost a month now.
Now's really the moment I've been craving for a while, which marks the beginning of my 3 months holiday. This period is almost as long as a semester itself. There's every reason for me to be celebrating, to jump-start my new found freedom.

But yet ... i seem to feel a strange sense of emptiness after the ending of my ordeals. Having relinquished my tasks of facing the books everyday, i felt rather lost, not knowing what to do. Its funny, but the rewards don't always seem to taste as sweet as you have imagined while you are waiting for it. Hmm.... maybe I'm just not used to the sudden switch in my lifestyle, especially now that i have so much free time on my hands.

After i hit home, i headed straight to my study room, where i have cacooned myself for a month. There i kept a study scheduale to help me keep track of my daily study tasks, with a calendar-like style to plan my days. A column is cancelled out at the close of each day. Today, i made the final stroke onto the list, and concluded all my dealings with the present semester and to all the modules i have taken. My year as a freshman in NUS has officially came to an end.

Wee, way to go. Im a senior!
... oh wadever...

I hibernated for 4 hours in my room, and spent the rest of my day loafing around the house.
Tomorrow I'll be paying my last respects to Dr.Wee at the Istana with Vignesh, then maybe we'll go catch a movie.

Hopefully my post exam syndrome will end.

Hah, cheerio.

sk