Friday, March 25, 2005

Problem with Genki Sushi

Work Work Work


When will this ever end?
Tutorials, Assignments, School Projects, PRU Projects blah blah blah
Day in Day out, im either working my ass off or playing Warcraft 3 online with incompetent teamates.
(If you had known me for a period longer than 3 hours, then it's not you im referring to)

There has got to be more to life than this, sheesh.
Maybe its just poor time management on my side, but i dun care!!
Screw y'all! *Especially those with CAP above 4.5*
MuAhAhAhahAHAA!!


K, now I feel better.
Enuff of that bitchin, now i'll complain about something else.


NUS Genki Sushi has just done something fantabulous.
Along with their image revamping project, they removed my favourite item from their already pathetic menu. They redesigned their menus, gave the waiters nice new clothes, improved the quantity of fillings in some food items, but they just had to take away my Salmon Don!

*yesh, i can hear Kelvin crying with me*

For those who dunt know wad a Salmon Don is, its one of the best things you can order in a sushi place, relative to its price. The Salmon Don usually comes between a price range of $5.50 to $7.00. Its simple and easy to prepare, yet heavenly delicious and filling for sashimi conneseiurs like me(provided the fish is fresh).

Here's a profile of Sakae Sushi's tentalizing Salmon Don.



Looks good?
It IS good!

Its around the equivalent in price to an upsized extra value meal in MacDonalds.
For a Japanese restaurant, the Salmon Don is truly cheap and good. If you're a raw food lover, you just gotta try it on your tastebuds.

But they just had to bloody remove it from their bloody menu!
Grr...
I raise both my middle fingers high in protest.
The Law Faculty should sue them for this...

Disappointed with the disappearance of my favourite food item from the Genki menu, i ordered a Chicken Katsu Don as a substitute.
After a 24min long wait (yes, I timed), the waiter brought me the food. The term "waiter" seems to have a literal meaning attached to it in NUS Genki Sushi, they make you wait until you Du Lan. Either that, or they wait until you Du Lan then they rush to bring out your food.

Look at this




After a bite, I wondered if it is really chicken Im eating.

Then a valid comparison ... i think i still prefer the Chicken Rice from the BizAd canteen. Im no professional chicken taster, but for some reason, i thought the chicken taste like leftover food from last night. I know that, coz i often eat leftover food at home ... reheated KFC, chicken curry, or whatever chicken experiments my mom conjured up.


Ack!
die.
Just let me die.

sk