Friday, May 06, 2005

Wedding Banquet!

I went for a wedding banquet today.

My cousin's getting married, and she's 26 years old.
Wow, for some reason the marriage age is getting younger all the time. My cousin is from Batam, and the groom's a local. From the presentation videos, the groom apparently made his proposal to my cuz while they were away in Korea for vacation. Its pretty romantic. From the pictures that flashed by, i'd guess the groom actually proposed while the couple is playing around in the snowfield. A few pictures captured the immediate scenes that followed after the proposal ... my cousin's astonished look and all. Many emotions were captured, and i wondered who actually took the pictures.

The familiar music started playing, and the restaurant attendants began to start their "smoking effect" with the dry ice and water chemistry thingie. The restaurant people had distributed some confetti launching tubes beforehand to the tables cloest to the aisle. Its something like those party poppers that we've all seen before, except bigger... much bigger. It's about a metre long, and you can imagine the amount of confetti compressed within a single tube. The end of the tube is fixed to a darn powerful launching system that cracks like an army thunderflash. As the couple walked down the aisle towards the stage, those armed with the weapons starting blasting their loads on the couple, skywards of coz ... gravity takes care of the rest. My table is located near the end of the aisle, so it took some time before the couple actually reach us.

AND ......

... this goon ... this bloody moron from the other side of the aisle parallel to where i was standing, unveiled four tubes of that WMD all of a sudden and directed it at a 45 degrees angle at the area over the carpet. I took Mechanical Physics last sem, and i knew something was going to go wrong. The couple walked past our area, the guy set off his load, and the darn confetti was tossed in a parabola OVER the couple and ONTO our table. He didn't seem to realise the consequences of his lousy aiming after that ... he's probably satisfied that he actually launched those thingamagics. My mom, my ah mah, myself and everyone else on our table was covered with colourful papers. Some of my relatives started to brush their hair with their hands to sweep of any landed conffettis, but all they did was push the shiny things further into their locks. i wasn't spared, and neither was our table ... along with all the utensils. I had a pink and green strip of crepe paper in my soy sauce, along with some shiny bits of plastic material, and the chilli sauce looked like some kid's art project. In fact ... i think i recall seeing more colourful things than the table itself.

that nincompoop ought to be sent back to the army for range retrainning

Then, the first course arrived. The waitress placed the dish onto our table, my another cousin sitting beside me commented.

"Hey, we had confettii for appetizer."

haha nice one ... anyways, they changed the utensils and all. Doesn't really matter to me anyway... I've eaten worse things in the army.
K la, dinner was great, but i had to missed some TV shows for it. We left at around 11pm, by the time we reached home, it was 11.45pm. At least i still manage to catch the remaining 15min of Shaman King.

hah!

By the way, the waitress was a chiobu!

sk