Friday, November 04, 2005

Programming Lab 6

The key words for today are ...

Vexed! Fed Up! Irritated! Disgruntled!

To relieve some of my steam, Im gonna do this blog entry in a highly "Engineering" fashion. If you do not understand what im babbling about, can approach the nearest Engineer for assitance.

C++ Programming Lab 6 opened like 3 days ago. This is the last C++ lab that we'll be doing this semester, and everyone's kinda looking forward for a grand finale after their fornightly formulation and design of beautiful and logical programming algorithms. While i know of many whom loathe these stupid labs, I actually kind of ... enjoyed some of them. Maybe it's just my thing, and i seldom have difficulties coming up with a simple yet effective algorithm for my problem solving. (That doesn't grant me high grades in written tests and exams though).

We electrical engineers have designed programs to solve many different wierd problems for this semester ... last week i designed a sorting algorithm to decide the winner of Project Superstar. 3 Weeks ago, we created an algorithm to help this stupid planet decide where the next Olympic is gonna be held. And even further back in time, i made a program to help the Prata man at the Science Canteen arrange his stacks of pratas with the biggest prata below and the smallest prata on top. Ok lah, all those still quite ok. Everything involved in the lab is a learning experience.

then this week... this ... this bloody bloody nao hiah week, the just have to come up with a program stupid enuff to keep us going for days. Im suppose to create a friendster-like network for a great mathematician. Can be done la, not much biggie for this. Butthen, they just have to include a Ta-Ma-De component which has no logical sense!!! Wah lau, they want us to decide properly the spaces input for names of great authors!!! So the term "***Janus Ala Davino" is not the same as "Janus Ala Davino" or "Janus Ala Davino***", where a * represents a space. What the shit is this hah? Siaow leh !!! K lah i spent some time on it ... theoratically can liao, my output swee swee, don't care this Mathematician guy (by the way, he's Paul Erdos) got how many friends i also can detect and register, but i just keep getting ZERO for my online submissions!!!

I showed my friend, a programming 神, my program ... he also don't understand why like that. My codes are almost identical to his, and he get 100 while I get zero. Siaow lah ... maybe is I not shuai enuff, or not tall enuff, that I have to spent 6 meaningless hours staring at my computer screen on the same day Ocean Ou De Yang shows his uncle face at the Padang. My output good liao what, with a slightly more improved program, I can even set up a friendster web myself for Rag and Flag next year. Then the faculty clubs and Halls Rag teams can give each other testimonials and be friendlier to each other. Then if people want to sabotage or saboh their own people's float, can easily upload to the network and share the picture with everybody.

Swee La.

Anyways, just for your viewing pleasure, here's a picture of a Nanobot i designed for my Nanoworld Project.



He is created with modern Nanotechnology. The width is suppose to be around 15 nanometers. If Im not wrong rite ... about 500 of these babies can fit on your fingertip.

He can make things from hambrugers to buildings, cool rite??









Then in the near future right, we will come up with technology to combine traditional robotics with
Nanotechnology and Biology. We will grow cells on
microchip and make them cooperate with each other!! So the cyborgs we make will have some human
components as well !!! For instance, this is a future life-form we can all expect to meet.

Steady La, Swee la.

sk