Monday, January 09, 2006

Teary Teary Sky

It keeps raining ... rain on me baby.

You know the times when you are caught in a sudden downpour without an umbrella or any nearby shelters? What do you make of it? Most people will probably start cursing and running in the direction with the greatest possibility of leading to a shelter. It'll probably end off as quite a bad day for most of us ...being drenched and all.

But to me, one of the best feelings in the world, is to walk through a drizzling weather without an unbrella. Personally, I really like it a lot ... to feel the raindrops gently hitting upon you as you casually pace your way through. Having accepted the fate that you're going to get wet anyway, why not just embrace the rain and enjoy the rest of your unsheltered journey? To me, it just feels so .... free! I chose not battle against nature's wrath, rather ... I embrace it. People around me might be carrying umbrellas, and briskly making their way to their destinations dry ... but I'm definately enjoying the journey more than they do.

Haha, maybe the only drawback is that you might catch a cold later. But what the heck.

Anyways, life's really a journey, a path we walk down endlessly till we take our last breath. No?
Instead of briskly walking down life's journey, why not slow down your pace a little, and for once take in what the surroundings have to offer? Life's really not purely about work, study etc. There's truly too many wonders to behold if only we choose to notice them. That can be interpreted in many unique ways in fact, depending on your personality. When's the last time you smiled to a stranger who happen to look your way? Even that qualifies as a mini pleasure by itself to brighten up our days a little bit.

Many have asked why I called myself cryhaven. Well, it's derived from the words "Crying Heaven".

In short, rain. =)

sk