Thursday, January 12, 2006

Life's 23rd Anniversary

Ok, midnight has past.
I'm now officially 23 years old.

I thought I'd be the first to wish myself a Happy Birthday with this blog post, but I'm glad many of my friends had beaten me to it. A few SMS messages have been sent in with Birthday blessings for an old man, as well as quite a number of MSN greetings from my pals, especially Kelvin. Haha ...

I appreciate all these, really. Thanks guys!

When I was a kid, i remember how I'd always look forward to my next birthday. It'd mean presents, good food and plenty of ice cream. I'd make sure everyone around me remembers my birthday, hoping I'd get more and more presents every year. I'd be overjoyed when my mom buys me toys and games, and i'd get angry when I open gift boxes to find clothes inside. Haha, that's really cute now that i think back on it. One year i received a Ninja Turtle Pizza Tosser toy ... then there was the Ninja Turtle handheld game, and that remote controlled car later on. As the years went by ... my toys get bigger. I received a Power Rangers Megazord action figure during secondary school, and soon, a pager and a handphone from my dear Mom.

As we age, however, we really tend to lose some regard for the once sacred annual hatch day ... nowadayz, it seems little more than just another day in my life. I don't crave for a cool party to celebrate my birthday, nor do i wish for many presents to come my way. If my friends remember my birthday, a simple handshake and "Happy Birthday" from them will be more than enough to brighten up my day. That's probably coz it constantly reminds me that I'm not walking down life's journey alone.

If there's one way I'd like to celebrate my birthday this year, perhaps it'd be to down some booze with my close buds at a quiet bar till daybreak. Anyways, I ain't gonna plan for that, nor do i hope any of my friends to do so (it ain't a hint hor!), since I'm really bogged down with my commitments in school already. heh...

Well ... that's that.
Happy 23rd Birthday old man! =D

sk