Thursday, September 28, 2006

Short Discussion on "Bed"

A silly rebuttal to Weihao's tagboard tag, since I got nothing better to do except my module readings.

First, here's a picture of my old "bed" in my room.

Now refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed

the WikiPedia Defination of "Bed"

"A bed is a piece of furniture or location primarily used or intended for sleeping upon, but which can serve other functions as well. Beds come in a wide array of shapes and sizes. Early beds were little more than piles of straw or some other natural materials. An important change was raising them off the ground, to avoid drafts, dirt, and pests.

To make beds more comfortable, the top layer is frequently a mattress. Originally these were bags of straw for most people and filled with feathers for the wealthy. Eventually new fillings such as cotton and artificial fillers became common. In modern times most mattresses use springs, solid foam, water, or air.

The second layer is the box spring. The box spring or "divan" is a large mattress-sized box containing wood and springs that provide additional support and suspension for the mattress.

The third layer is the bed frame. The bed frame lifts the mattress/mattress-box spring off the ground."
**************

Wahaha, so I resume my stand!! After 10+ years I'm finally the proud owner of a BED!!

Bow to me!!

Janus is King!!

sk