Monday, July 10, 2006

Project Can 2006

so the Doc finally removed that plastic thingie from ma mouth!!
Woopeeee!

For once i can finally check out wad my new mouth insides are like, and damn it's a whole new world in there. Really man, it's totally different! It feels different but of course, you probably cant see it from the outside on my front profile.

So I decided to get some exercise done. Yesterday I got up really early to help out CSC (Community Service Club) with their Project Can 2006. I was deployed at Hougang block 500. So we went around from levels to levels and block to block to ask the people for can food or dried food donations. These will eventually be donated to a number of charity centres. Im still getting used my new teeth, so I cant talk well yet and I muffled my words a bit. Some people couldn't understand me. When I tried to tell people Im collecting can foods for donations, they think Im asking them to buy my can food. Since when does salesman start selling can food like 午餐肉 at HDB estates? I also met this really nice Indian guy who invited me into his nice house while he looked for things to donate. He's a vegetarian, so he hasn't got much to give, but he did eventually ruffled up some instant vegetarian soup and milo to give us. He even insisted me and my friend sit down on the sofa for some diet coke before we go. Really nice guy, you don't see that kind of people everytime. That's probably because he's still single, once people gets married or attached they become monsters.


Glorious Can Food from generous people!

Glorious Dried Food from generous people!


I also realised the fundamental importance and usefulness of this device we call a doorbell. I dunch know why some people don't install doorbells at their door, and then have their doors made out of those kind of damn thick wood. Macam blast proof door. You can hear people talking inside the house, but no doorbell to press, you knock on the bleddy door also cannot hear the sound. There're also some homes which doesn't install a doorbell, but placed a very very meshy spider web grille before their door. So meshy until I cant even slide my hand in to knock the door, the pattern spiders see liao also sian. So i just ignored those units, probably inside is gambling den or something.

And then it rained, the wind so strong we got wet inside the shelter. I was hoping that the sight of us soaking wet and carrying plastic bags of donated can food will gain people's pity and become more generous. But alot of people were still very ngiao, see our face only not happy liao. For lunch everyone had 可爱鸡 chicken rice, while I can only drink my delicious milk.

Went home, sleep, wake up to watch world cup and won $19 from Singapore Pools. Yay.
Zidane finally lost it man, went to headbutt the other guy in the chest.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sad way to end his career indeed.

sk