Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bad Days

So ... what's wrong with your day?

"I can't watch World Cup coz I've no cable."
"I can't go outdoors coz my doctor wants me to rest more."
"I can't talk or eat."
...
blah blah blah

it's so easy to find flaws with things. Most of us has a small side of a perfectionist in ourselves, and we do really expect everything to be flawless. When we go on a date, we hope nothing goes wrong. When we visit a restaurant, we hope the food we ordered to be good.

If something happens below our expectation, like if the candle falls and burns the stupid table cloth, we'll probably mark it as a bad day. And so it goes, we go thru so much more bad days than good ones, blah blah blah, emotionally, physically, mentally, wadever. Sometimes we whine about it, others bitch about them, to friends to relatives on their blogs wadever.

So why not try this, ask yourself instead ... what's GOOD about your day?

eh?

What made u smile today?

Let's see ...
"She finally called back!"
"Finally i made proper plans to go JB after I recover"
"And i've lived out 2/3 of my recovery period"

we do realise good things less easily than bad things, but nevertheless, they are there. So why not just chew on it and sniff it in like a fresh breath of air. And to live it better, dance on it.

Now that's what i call living!

thanks Andy.

sk