Tuesday, January 09, 2007

wealth

fine.

My family's more well-off than the average household.

Quite often i talked about how i like to indulge in stuffs regardless of the price, as long as its worth it.

And unlike the "average guy-next door", i own a f**kin car.

Must that extra wealth be a source of alienation of me from the world?
Just coz I'm visiting a nice restaurant, its coz "everyone else is not as rich as me" ?
Must that "rich" punchline always come in at the end of sentences that doesn't go in your favour?

Just coz I've got more moolah in my pocket, it means I'm less human than everyone else?

I've seen how money can lift people off the ground so much that they forgot what the Earth looks like. I resent that, and I've worked my life making sure i don't become like them. Whenever I can, i hide about my financial background. I train myself to not look down on people, but to look up to people. I keep my finances tight, unless special occasions call for extra expenditure.

All these, just for people to pour sarcasms on me coz "some people is not as rich as me".





thanks.
know what sunshine? Fuck you.

sk