Wednesday, January 03, 2007

my beloved ...

Was at the airport just now, my aunt's flying back to France after her annual visit to Singapore. Sadly, she can't stay to celebrate Chinese New Year with us this year.

Man, she's really one heck of a high flyer ... the Head of Human Resource of the United Nations!! She used to work directly under Secretary General Anan before he retired, and she's like taking in a whooping $16,000 per month! Maybe I really should start getting close to her and establish my status as her favourite nephew. Then maybe, just maybe, I will be able to get my hands on a Playstation 3 console, with a couple of Nintendo Wii to go along.

None of my family members have their roots in Singapore, and we all came from Jakarta, Indonesia, to this sunny island for one reason or another during the early years. My aunts all work overseas in a variety of different occupation, and thus going to the airport to send off a particular family member has become quite a ritual to us.

At the departure gate, we saw a couple of kids crying uncontrollably as they witnessed their beloved relatives walk into the departure area. Their parents were carrying them, and on their arms the children stared with teary eyes as their relatives went further and further away. Still sobbing, they waved their goodbyes. We all smiled at the scene, and my aunt talked about how I used to be like them whenever my cousins leave Singapore after their vacation. We all laughed a little at her remark.

The next thing i knew ... she broke down. She began to fumble with her words, and her face turned red ... tears flowed down her cheeks as she hugged my grandma and grandpa goodbye. My grandma joined her in tears ... and my other aunt began distributing tissue papers to them. I wasn't really expecting this scene, and it really wrenched my heart. I may have the good fortune of seeing my parents and grandparents daily, but for my busy aunt ... once a year is all she can afford to visit her own parents.

I'll feel horrible if I were in her shoes, especially when my parents are already old. Come to think of it, perhaps that's why I didn't think of going overseas to study and settled for NUS instead. My sister's already schooling in Australia, and I don't want my mom to be alone.





Foolish she said, but at least I'm spending time with everyone. =)

****************

Oh my God!!!

You came back!!

And such an unexpected return!!

I missed you so much my dear ... ever since the day we parted a few weeks back. I especially miss the times when we're spending time watching TV together in my living room. It does bring back fond memories doesn't it? Although there weren't many good programs on air, your company is all i need. i crave the tender texture of your skin ... and the sweetness of your gloss once again. Our touch feels like magic, undescribable by words. I briefly introduced you to my best friends, Weihao and Kelvin, although then we didn't have the time to talk for long.





Soon after that ... you disappeared.

I honestly thought I was never going to see you again... I was kinda crushed for a while.

And then unexpectedly, my sis actually discovered you in Indonesia!! And she even brought you back home with her!

I'm so so so so so happy we're reunited again ... we have much to catch up on!






I love you! Krispy Kreme Donuts!!!



sk